Always Fresh & Healthy
The Gorman Difference
We are exclusively a CSA farm, and only open to members throughout the harvest season. This means that, our primary focus is on the member experience and the highest quality crop production. (With Gorman, the CSA is not a fraction of what we do, it’s all we do.)
We are a full operating vegetable farm. We grow up to 50 different crops and up to 100 varieties. We have been recognized for high rates of yearly CSA member retention. We have long term happy customers, who return year after year. We cherish our reputation and work hard to uphold it. We strive to create a phenomenal experience and value potential for our members.
It is important that you make a confident decision with your purchase. You should feel great knowing that OUR CSA works for YOUR lifestyle. We only want your business if it is good for you!
Your Gorman Farm CSA provides you with additional benefits of why people are joining a CSA program.
- “Market Style Pickups” where you choose your produce from our farmer’s market like displays.
- Gorman CSA shares are not packed in a box.
- Elite access to fresh and nutritious foods.
- Diverse variety throughout the season.
Gorman Giving Back
Participating in the Gorman Farm CSA is not only providing the means for a farm in the neighborhood but it is also giving back to the community through Gorman’s outreach program.
Any crops, not selected each week, are donated to The Howard County Food Bank and other local food pantries. (Our members don’t feel badly if they can’t make it from time to time or don’t like certain vegetables that are offered.) Click here for more information.
- Support a healthier lifestyle through a better diet.
- Consistently stock your kitchen with high quality local food.
- Members receive only our produce and not products from outside sources.
- We grow everything we offer.
- We offer everything we grow.
- Support local agriculture.
- Out of town – No Problem
- Can’t make it this week – No Problem
- Going on vacation – No Problem
- Don’t like certain crops – No Problem
- Your food will not be wasted. You can let anyone pickup on your behalf, or skip any selections and know that you just gave back to those directly in need.
- No Permissions Needed for changing your pickup day when life throws you a curve ball.
- Long Pickup Windows for those of you that can’t come until later.
- Click here to learn how not to worry if you can’t use it all, all the time.
- Our offerings at each week’s pickup are often quite abundant in quantity and the choices diverse.
- We provide a way to trade out different selections and choose from someone else. You can trade out as much as you want.
- Market Style Pickups are set up like a big farmer’s market in a beautiful old barn.
- We provide you with Gorman Farm re-usable shopping bags.
- Often we offer an “overage section” of extras and abundances from which you can select, in addition to your share.
- When the crops peek in their normal production life cycle, we will offer large quantities that can be preserved.
- Extend your value way beyond the growing season by freezing, canning, and drying.
- In 2016, we distributed 183,287 lbs of organic produce to our members that’s over 91 tons of fresh produce to our members.
- Last year Full Share received an avg. of $1044.00 worth of retail produce for only $770.00. Medium Share’s ratio was proportional to this as well.
(These numbers are based on average retail prices from 2-3 years ago from comparable sources like Roots, Wholefoods, Moms and Trader Joes – so probably worth more!)
- Your zest for preparations will enrich your palette and your home with the happiness and bonding experiences of creating great food and eating meals together.
- Broadening your horizons with the connection between nutritious foods and the health of your family.
- We purposefully indulge you in those intensive periods of abundance within the harvest.
- Our members have found a new relationship with their health and food by having access to a consistent supply of nutritious food.
- We offer a variety of produce that includes many staple favorites of our modern diets.
- Most members fall in love with new things that they never would have tried before.
- Your health and kitchen experience will benefit.
- This CSA is an education of high quality, organically raised food and a rich experience. It will put you in touch with seasonal eating and how our bodies were made to feel.
- The CSA fosters wellness, creativity, and trying new things.
We have been subscribing to CSAs for 18 years (missed a few) now, and this Gorman provides the most quantity, highest quality, lowest price of any.
Awesome program. Love the freshness! Pickup is so easy. I like that we are able to pick our own vegetables and not be given a prepackaged box.
Strawberry boost was the BEST idea ever!! I made freezer jam and am still tasting "summer" even tho it's trying to be winter outside!
The quality of the organic produce provided by your farm is excellent. As soon as I turn down the dirt road to do my pickup at the end of a busy work week, I feel myself decompressing. I find such joy in seeing the mounds of produce in the barn and filling my bags with it! I also loved the strawberry boost this year. It was great to go out into the fields after being stuck in the office all day. The jam that I made from the strawberries brightens up a dark winter day.
Gorman Farms CSA is a wonderful experience. The picturesque setting coupled with the over abundance of a variety of produce makes the experience one I will gladly repeat year after year.
I'm so so happy with Gorman's CSA program. I didn't expect to have so much high-quality organic produce for the price. I can't wait for the program to start again.