New for 2018!
2018 Early Winter CSA
The Early Winter CSA program logistics will be the same as the Summer CSA. This will be an extension into December starting the following week after the Summer CSA season ends. The Early Winter CSA has only one size share type. We anticipate for a mid size between our standard medium and full share size. Keep in mind many of the items may be storage items and perishability should be less than the regular season.
The Early Winter CSA crop plan includes but is not limited to:
- Fresh Greens like Lettuce, Arugula, Asian Greens, Bunched Greens, and more.
- Roots like Carrots, Parsnips, Beets, Sweet Potatoes, Radishes, Potatoes, Turnips, and more.
- Cole crops like Broccoli, Cabbage, Cauliflower, Kale, Romanesco, Brussels Sprouts, and more.
- Winter Squashes like Butternut, Kabocha, Spagetti, Acorn, Dumpling, and more.
- Misc. Crops like Eggplant, Peppers, Artichokes, and more.
When the light and temperatures change into the end of November and December, the fresh eating crops will slow down a bit. Again, Mother Nature is in charge. You will see many of your favorite items, that are in the fall (of the main season) CSA program, plus some additional crops that aren’t produced until later. See our projected winter crop list here.